1965 Ford Mustang Fastback SHELBY GT350 “Tribute” 289Ci V8 4-Speed ManualNovember 8, 2022
1970 Plymouth Superbird 440Ci V8 4-Speed ManualNovember 24, 2022
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||136800K2XXXXX||Mileage:||3|
|Body Type:||Truck||Vehicle Title:||Clean|
|Make:||Chevrolet||Exterior Color:||Fathom Blue|
|Sub Model:||—||Interior Color:||Blue|
|Trim:||SS LS6||Transmission:||4-Speed Manual|
|Engine:||454 LS6 V8||For Sale By:||Dealer|
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS LS6 Fathom Blue Truck 454 LS6 V8 4 Speed Manual
- Fully documented El Camino SS454 LS6 that’s listed in the LS6 Registry
- Professional rotisserie restoration that included many original and NOS components
- Numbers Matching 454 cubic inch Chevrolet LS6 V8
- Date-correct Muncie M22 ‘Rock Crusher’ 4-speed manual transmission
- Correct 12-bolt rear axle with a correct posi-traction differential and correct 3.31 gears
- Correct power front disc and rear drum brakes with original-style two-piece rotors
- Fully rebuilt factory suspension with Monroe air shocks
- Correct Medium Blue Metallic interior with original Deluxe Super Sport telemetry
- Correct Fathom Blue paint with NOS trim
- Correct 14-inch Super Sport wheels
- Correct Gardner exhaust
- Original Build Sheet that’s been authenticated by Chevrolet guru Jerry MacNeish
- Certificate Of Registration for the LS6 Registry
- NCRS Shipping Data Report
- Typed breakdown of both the car’s Build Sheet and Cowl Tag
- Restoration summary
- We can ship your new classic anywhere in the world
Over the past 111 years, GM’s monolithic Chevrolet division has built a vast empire of lovable offerings that span the entire spectrum of personal and commercial transportation. One of the most substantial products of that innovation is the legendary Chevelle. Introduced in 1964 as an affordable mid-size, Chevy’s stalwart A-Body was peddled in a wide variety of flavors, including coupes, sedans, wagons and, of course, the iconic El Camino. An innovative forerunner to the wave of utilities the market is currently enjoying, the El Camino mounted a low slung truck bed behind timeless style and serious cubic inches. This exceptional, registry listed El Camino is a fully documented, freshly restored bombshell that features a roster of correct components and authentic LS6 power. And if you’re looking for some awesome metal that’s fresh, alluring and highly exclusive, you simply won’t find a better classic!
Documented by the LS6 Registry for over a decade, this show stopping El Camino is 100% factory correct thanks to a multi-year rotisserie restoration that’s rolled just three miles since completion. Rare, just more than 4,000 Chevrolets were built in 1970 equipped with the LS6 option; of those, the rarest was the El Camino. Most experts agree just about 500 were built and only a handful of authentic LS6 El Caminos remain in existence. This professional build, completed by Spring Hill, Florida’s Gulf Coast Automotive, supplements largely original panels with minor NOS repairs under correct Fathom Blue two-stage that’s as beautiful as it is enduring. Kansas-flat surfaces, aligned much better than anything that left the factory, frame solid shuts in excellent reflections. And one close look at our high resolution photos reveals one highly polished collector car that’s ready to rule the show!
It’s hard not to smile when you see a Chevy this cool. After all, what’s not to love about killer Chevelle aesthetics that are made even more exclusive by a stylish pickup bed? At the front of this beast, a split Super Sport grille hangs an NOS “SS” emblem between a small “CHEVROLET” script, stainless-trimmed T3 headlights and a broad chrome bumper. At the top of that clip, a stainless-trimmed Super Sport Hood leads a stainless-trimmed greenhouse that’s reflected in a polished factory mirror. Below that restoration-fresh glass, NOS wheel trim joins clean marker lamps to frame polished door handles, classy “El Camino” lettering and bright “SS454” badging. And at the back of the car, a bowtie-branded tailgate centers a requisite Super Sport banner between simple taillights, a stainless-trimmed bed and a second broad bumper.
If you know bowtie history, you know that roughly 4,000 1970 Chevelles were gifted with Chevrolet’s lethal LS6 454. These cars were the true performers of the Chevelle world, often screaming up dragstrips and beating their way through daily stoplight squabbles. That said, how cool would it have been to option an El Camino with LS6 power? Well, according to experts, roughly 500 buyers were crazy enough to check that box and, naturally, fewer still exist today. Pop this classic’s hood and you’ll find 454 cubic inches of Chevy Orange glory that follows a matching 210296 partial VIN with a correct “CRV” suffix stamp, a correct 3963512 casting number and a correct March (C) 23rd (23) 1970 (70) casting date. The fun kicks off with a rare dual-snorkel air cleaner that feeds a familiar LIST 4557 Holley 4-barrel. That carb rides a correct Winters low-rise intake that’s threaded to date-correct Chevrolet heads. An old school points distributor sequences fire through loomed Packard TV R Suppression cables. Traditional solid lifters work well with a hot COMP cam that was created as a precise reproduction of the car’s original cam profile. Original deep groove pulleys spin a correct alternator, a correct smog pump and an original water pump between an original timing cover and an original radiator. Detailing includes niceties like fresh decals, an original Delco-Moraine brake booster and a Delco-capped battery. And naturally, the rowdy big block rides in a crisp, Satin Black engine bay.
By now you’ve probably realized that this Camino’s restorer was very particular about its detailed rebuild. With that in mind, it should come as no surprise that the bottom of this Chevy is just as nice as the rest of the car. The buff 454 spins a date-correct Muncie 4-speed that, according to its “C” assembly stamp, features M22 ‘Rock Crusher’ internals. That gearbox sends torque to a correct 12-bolt axle that, according to its “CRV” assembly stamp, features a correct posi-traction differential, correct 3.31 gears and a heavy duty yoke. That spry drivetrain rides a clean, Satin Black frame, which rolls on a fully rebuilt suspension that’s finished with Monroe air shocks and correct manual steering. Power assisted calipers clamp original-style, two-piece rotors in front of hearty drums. Exhaust flows from correct manifolds to correct Gardner pipes, which include throaty, factory-style mufflers. And at the corners, stylish Super Sport Wheels spin F70-14 Firestone Wide Oval meats around stainless trim rings and SS center caps.
Clean and correct, this ute’s tranquil Medium Blue cockpit is splendidly nostalgic. A predictable bench seat, completely restored during the detailed restoration, remains soft to the touch. A straight Super Sport dash plants a correct Delco AM radio next to optional Deluxe Telemetry that, of course, was professionally rebuilt. Below that dash, bright carpet frames a flashy Muncie shifter. At the sides of that carpet, restoration-fresh door panels center classy stainless trim on bright handles and pliable armrests. And the driver turns a factory Super Sport steering wheel.
There’s no question this exceptional El Camino is the total package! With a king-of-the-mountain big block, unmatched exclusivity and a fresh rotisserie restoration, it was and still remains an excellent example of ‘bragging rights’ muscle. Ready to put some first class firepower in your automotive arsenal? Call, click or visit https://www.RKMotors.com and claim this exclusive Chevy!
* Fully documented El Camino SS454 LS6 that’s listed in the LS6 Registry
* Professional rotisserie restoration that included many original and NOS components
* Numbers Matching 454 cubic inch Chevrolet LS6 V8
* Date-correct Muncie M22 ‘Rock Crusher’ 4-speed manual transmission
* Correct 12-bolt rear axle with a correct posi-traction differential and correct 3.31 gears
* Correct power front disc and rear drum brakes with original-style two-piece rotors
* Fully rebuilt factory suspension with Monroe air shocks
* Correct Medium Blue Metallic interior with original Deluxe Super Sport telemetry
* Correct Fathom Blue paint with NOS trim
* Correct 14-inch Super Sport wheels
* Correct Gardner exhaust
* Original Build Sheet that’s been authenticated by Chevrolet guru Jerry MacNeish
* Certificate Of Registration for the LS6 Registry
* NCRS Shipping Data Report
* Typed breakdown of both the car’s Build Sheet and Cowl Tag
* Restoration summary
* We can ship your new classic anywhere in the world
Charlotte, North Carolina